Complete Aerospace Manufacturing Solutions from a Single Source
Current Employment Opportunities Available as of July 22, 2014
All regular full-time employees are eligible for our benefits package, which includes:
All salaries DOE
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid time off in the first year
- Education assistance
- Tool Purchase Program
5/8 Day Shift is Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:30pm
4/8.5 + 1/6 Day Shift is Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:30pm & Fri 7:30-2:00pm
4/10 Day Shift is Mon-Thurs 5:50am-4:20pm
4/10 Swing Shift is Mon-Thurs 4:15pm-2:45am
3/12 Weekend Shift is Fri-Sun 5:00am-5:30pm
NC Programmer - 4/8.5 + 1/6 Day Shift
- Developing N/C programs using Mastercam software from customer-defined specs for multi-axis machining centers.
- Must be able to define tooling and method of manufacturing for aerospace structural components.
- Need to determine optimal tooling and the method of manufacturing for high-speed machining applications.
- Use of Vericut or similar verification process required.
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience NC part programming in the aerospace industry.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced job shop environment required.
- CNC machining experience preferred
Bracket Cell Mechanic - 4/10 Swing Shift
- To Deburr, Drill, Ream and Assemble parts for aerospace applications.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Aerospace blueprint reading skills
- Good math skills
Deburr - 4/10 Swing & 3/12 Weekend Shifts
- Deburrs and smooth parts according to work orders or lead's instructions
- Familiarity with using power tools
- Good hand eye coordination
- Experience with tumbler, table mount grinder, orbital sander, burr quick, and a drill press
Cost Accountant - 4/8.5 + 1/6 Day Shift
Works under the direction of the Accounting department to perform: financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, maintenance and support of various finance and/or manufacturing processes.
- Conduct Variance Analysis for parts as issues arise
- Perform Job Costing Analysis on new parts and existing parts as determined necessary
- Perform weekly/month end inventory updates and valuations
- Maintain and update Work Center Rate model
- Maintain and update Revenue Forecast model
- Maintain reports supporting NFI (Non-Financial Information) charts
- Participate in Month End close by completing various reports as assigned
- Reconcile VOI (Vendor Owned Inventory)
- Issue, enter and maintain physical count inventory process
- Perform Accounting Department internal audit functions as assigned
- Back up VOI billing as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other related degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5+ years in experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Experience with Vantage or Infor/Visual ERP products
- Well organized with strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Ability to think logically and methodically to resolve issues
- Strong team player with ability to work on individually owned tasks
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritizing tasks to meet both individual and team goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Assembler - 4/10 Day & 4/10 Swing Shifts
Assemble metal parts, either partially or completely, either working at bench or assembling on shop floor.
- Fastening parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Remove small quantities of metal with zip gun and scrapers to fit parts.
- Operate drill presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
- 1 year experience assembling parts, preferably aerospace.
Machinist - 4/10 Swing Shift
- Two years CNC machining experience
- Set ups, operations and troubleshooting of 3, 4, or 5 axis machining centers.
- Aerospace Experience
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Lead experience in a related manufacturing environment.
Program Manager - 4/8.5 + 1/6 Shift
- Primary Customer Interface for assigned accounts
- Review and accept sales and change orders, resolving lead time, material availability, and customer requirements to establish delivery schedule. Negotiate Pricing and schedule, within terms of existing contract or order terms
- Interface with customers and company production operations to satisfy customer needs to the fullest extent possible for short flow times, late deliveries, partial shipments, expedite requests, and other customer requests. Liaison between customer & company production operations to fulfill order requirements
- Receive, analyze, coordinate and respond to customer requests for information, including capability capacity, business assessments, and order/reorder lead times
- Review & interface with customers to ensure accuracy of customer’s supplier performance metrics.
- Prepare & conduct customer program reviews as required for new and ongoing work; Identify critical issues and propose potential resolutions
- Develop relationships with customers, depending on scope & experience lead or participate in the sale of new work, coordinate submission of bids for new work, coordinate post-award processes between customer & company.
- Identify and drive process improvements with a lean focus
- Minimum two years direct customer facing experience in related sales or manufacturing operations required
- Must possess demonstrated interpersonal negotiating & teaming skills with the ability to resolve differences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Up to 10% International travel
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand terms and conditions
- MS Project is a plus
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Lean exposure
- Aerospace experience preferred
Production Control Expeditor - 4/10 Swing Shift
- Status work orders to support schedules
- Prioritize jobs
- Write PO’s for outside processing
- Prepare and package pars for shipment to vendors
- Track and report issues
- Communicate whth the Production Control team issues regarding production and scheduling
- Move parts throughout the plant on an established route and schedule
- Support production as needed
- Shipping support
- Pick Assemblies
- Using ERP system reports, monitor daily movement of jobs to ensure schedule support.
- Execute quantity changes and work order splits as necessary to support the schedule
- Interface with management in various departments on a daily basis to ensure constant flow of jobs
- Drive company vehicles
- Drive forklift
- You must be self-motivated and energetic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Drive company vehicles (valid WA State driver’s license with clean DMV report)
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- 6 months warehouse or shipping experience
- MRP systems experience
- MS Office (Excel and Outlook)
Manufacturing Engineer - 4/8.5 + 1/6 Shift
- Work with all levels of the organization to define optimal manufacturing and assembly processes for machined detail parts and machine/sheet metal assemblies using lean manufacturing principles and creating standard work instructions.
- Create manufacturing and assembly plans and work instructions for complex aerospace designs, including machined (hog-outs) and sheet metal formed parts. Define all material requirements for job specific parts, tooling, and expendable tools
- In depth knowledge of ERP systems and the development of BOM’s, Vantage preferred.
- Define tooling for manufacturing and assembly sequences of machined and formed parts.
- Determine optimal material size for the tooling and the manufacturing process of detail parts.
- Works with contracts and customers to ensure all required engineering data is supplied and accurate for production.
- Works with Quality to ensure that all approved processes and vendors are adhered to per customer engineering and specifications. (Ref. Boeing, Goodrich, Airbus, specifications)
- Work with Estimating department on complex jobs to validate estimator’s expectation of manufacturing and assembly processes and scope of projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing of aerospace machine parts and complex assemblies using lean principles.
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of commercial and aerospace, detail parts, assembly drawings, parts lists, and process specifications from a diverse customer base. Extensive knowledge of tolerances and drawing interpretation per ASME Y14.5
- Experience with cad-cam software and “Model Based Definition” software. (Catia, Unigraphics)
- Working knowledge of tool design and applications for sheet metal, forgings, and hog-out machine parts. (Stretch Form dies, blanking dies, hydra forming dies, tooling point fixtures, assembly tooling and tools)
- In depth knowledge of aerospace finish processes, shot peen, anodize, cad plating, painting.
- Understanding of materials and machining practices for titanium, aluminum, steel alloys, and high nickel materials. An understanding and ability to interpret and apply heat treatment processes.
- Complete understanding of geometry and trigonometry principles and basic machine shop math.
Here’s how to apply for a position with our company:
(Please specify the position you are applying for)
Mail or In Person:
Giddens Industries, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2600 94th St. SW Ste. 150
Everett, WA 98204
Email to email@example.com
Click here to download our Employment Application
Our Employment Policy
The employment policy of Giddens Industries, Inc. is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status.